Bleeding Flowers


I picked up these flower cutouts made out of a coffee filter like paper. They are meant to bleed washable marker or water colors when wet. I have been meaning to try this craft with the girls for awhile but I use a French press to make coffee so I don't have coffee filters in the house. If you do have coffee filters in the house this is such a simple fun activity. Or you can pick up these cool flowers for a couple bucks at Michaels. They also came in leaf shapes. Both girls made a stack of the flowers. I also picked up two mini plastic spray bottle. Note: The girls sprayed themselves as much as they did the paper!


Just color and spray!

Afterwards, I twisted several flowers together and taped them onto a bamboo skewer.


I had fun playing around with them too! 



I love the different tie die effects you can get. 

6 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Very fun! This has been on my to-do list for ages, too, maybe I'll get around to it sometime soon.

Sippy Cup Central said...

That's lovely, Karen

Kristin said...

Those turned out great! I love the different things you did with them. We just used these last week for a classroom craft and they worked out on a large group too! http://whatarewedoingtodaymom.blogspot.com/2010/05/classroom-craft-watercolour-flowers.html

JavaMama said...

So beautiful! I love it.

Deborah Stewart said...

Those did turn out great!

Katie said...

Well if something hast to bleed, this is the best possible result. Cute!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs